When diagnosing an issue with one of our support technicians, they might ask you to build a Support File to gather more information about the problem. The Support File contains data such as the drawings that are currently open, the setup parameters of the machine, and a log of the software's activity under the hood.
1 Building a Support File
- Open the Help window in the software by clicking the 'question mark' button to the upper right.
- Click Build Support File and a 'Save As' dialog box will appear. By default, the Support File will be automatically named with a timestamp and the software version.
- After you click the Save button, the software will pack the data into the Support File and—once complete—will show a success message.
2 Sending the Support File
- Open your email and compose a new email to the support email address found in the Help window of the software.
- Add any relevant information you think will help us in diagnosing the issue.
- Click the Attach or Insert button in your email to add the Support File. Navigate to the data folder that the file was saved in and select the file.