Cut with a World Leader for Integrated CNC Plasma Controllers and CAD/CAM Software
Our world-class CAD/CAM nesting software and CNC plasma controllers are among the most widely used in the plasma cutting industry. Our products can be easily tailored to drive your CNC plasma table as if they were made for each other. Whether you are building a new table, upgrading, or retrofitting an existing one, we have the solution for you.
FlashCut CNC can provide turn-key controls for any size plasma machine from our complete line of digital stepper or servo controls and motors. Decades of experience, superior features and tens of thousands of satisfied customers world-wide make FlashCut's fully integrated CAD/CAM/CNC plasma control system among the best in the world.
Features of our CAD/CAM nesting and CNC plasma control system:
- Powerful CAD with intuitive, and comprehensive drawing tools
- Automated CAM with true-shape nesting and smart placement of lead-ins and lead-outs
- Integrated Stingray® torch height control
- Our cut wizard automatically sets THC parameters based on material, thickness and consumables
- Support for all leading brands such as Hypertherm's® Powermax®, MaxPro® and HPR® series, Kjellberg's® Smart Focus® and HiFocus® along with Thermal Dynamics® AutoCut®, CutMaster®, and UltraCut® and more.
- Automatic kerf crossing detection prevents unwanted diving during THC operation.
- Communication with Hypertherm Powermax units for real-time amperage and pressure control.
- Auto Gas support for Hypertherm and Kjellberg high-definition plasmas.
- Support for multiple plate sensing technologies such as ohmic and pressure sensing
- Smart 360™ hole cutting technology for cutting the truest holes in the industry - even with air plasma.
- Automated vent zones
CNC plasma control system technology
CNC plasma cutting uses a high-temperature, electrically conductive gas (plasma) to almost instantaneously melt metal sheets. A high-pressure localized gas stream is used to evacuate the molten zone to cut through the metal sheet.
Plasma cutters are suitable for ferrous and non-ferrous materials and can also handle metal in any condition – even rusted, painted, or grated. Air plasma cutters typically cut metals ranging from thin gauge and 1.5” (40mm) in thickness. High definition plasma tables use other gases and can use very high amperage levels to cut through much thicker material - in some cases from 4-6” (200-250mm) thick.
Plasma's ability to cut quickly and precisely make it an excellent CNC cutting system. Technologies such as FlashCut’s Stingray® Torch Height Control can maintain a very close gap while cutting to create very accurate parts. FlashCut CNC's Smart 360 technology is an excellent way to diminish the bevel significantly and maximize accuracy on bolt holes. With some torches, plasma amperage levels can be turned down, and gas mixtures can be optimized to do CNC engraving and marking.
Advantages of CNC Plasma Cutting
- Cuts a wide variety of metals including mild steel, aluminum, stainless steel, and cast iron
- Delivers accuracy better than 0.008”
- Impressive hole quality with Smart360 Technology
- Fast cutting speeds
- Can cut corrugated material using Stingray Torch Height Control
Powerful CNC Plasma Controller Tailored for Your Table
We have decades of experience in matching one of our precision CNC plasma controller systems to your plasma table - including CNC controls, motors, and cables. Whether you are doing light industrial or heavy production, our complete line of state-of-the-art micro stepper and closed-loop servo controls and motors will drive your machine with precision, power, and ease.
Stingray® Torch Height Control
FlashCut’s Stingray Integrated THC reads the plasma voltage as feedback to adjust the Z-axis height thousands of times a second. This system maintains a precise distance between the plasma torch and the workpiece while cutting any XY pattern at any speed, resulting in smooth edges, sharp details, and higher precision. The system can inherently handle warped, bent, or corrugated sheets.
There are many advantages to integrating the Stingray® THC with the XYZ movement, including:
- No duplication of Z-axis motion control, saving thousands of dollars over using two control systems
- Real-time visualization of plasma voltage, height and position parameters in the CNC plasma software interface
- Advanced diagnostics lets you visualize THC performance via historical charts of voltage and height
- Precision voltage sampling ensures tracking at the optimal height on every cut, day after day
- Optimal control and tracking of nozzle use leads to better consumable life and cut quality
- Cut wizard automatically sets THC parameters based on material, thickness and consumables for all of the major plasma machines including Hypertherm®, Thermal Dynamics®, and Kjellberg®
- Automatic kerf crossing detection prevents unwanted diving during THC operation
- Real-time THC control during feedrate changes to prevent unwanted material diving
- RS-485 Communications with Hypertherm Powermax® units for real-time amperage and pressure control
- Support for multiple plate sensing technologies such as ohmic, mechanical switch and servo pressure sensing
- Precision lifter available featuring precision ball-screw drive, linear rails, stainless steel sealing, and magnetic breakaway
- Ohmic Disconnect is available for the ultimate noise reduction of high frequency and high power plasma machines.
The Stingray THC system can be added to any new controller, or it can be retrofitted to all existing Compact, Pro-Series, or Titanium controllers using FlashCut’s unique technology. The THC kit can be configured using any of the following components for plug-and-play operation with your CNC plasma table controller:
- Analog controller card
- Voltage isolation box
- All necessary cables
- Optional ohmic disconnect for hi-def plasma
- Optional mechanical lifter with torch holder with magnetic breakaway
Stingray THC Software and Electronics Package with Ohmic Disconnect Kit, Cables & Mini IO - 50' - HPR
Full Support for Hypertherm HPR and Kjellberg Smart Focus and HiFocus high definition plasma systems
Now you can use FlashCut’s intuitive, powerful, and integrated CAD/CAM/CNC plasma software interface to control Hypertherm® HPR® plasma systems and Kjellberg® Smart Focus® and HiFocus® high definition plasmas. The intuitive interface has been engineered to give you seamless access to all of the controls, commands, and messages so that you can cut precision parts with high definition plasma quickly and easily. Our new Smart360 HCT has been engineered to cut the highest precision holes for any given gas mixture.
- Supports HPR 130, 260, 400, 800 plasma systems
- Supports entire Kjellberg Smart Focus and High Focus plasma systems
- RS-422 connection provides seamless communication between the FlashCut interface and high definition plasma machine
- Auto-gas control for mixing the plasma and shield gases
- GUI control of amperage and pressure
- Separate amperage settings for ramping and full speed cutting
- Seamlessly change from marking to cutting settings on the fly
- Integrated cut charts for HPR, HSD™, Smart Focus and High Focus families
- Precision height control using FlashCut’s Stingray® THC
- Ohmic disconnect circuitry protects the system from noise and voltage spikes
- Compatible with FlashCut Pro-Series and Titanium Controllers
- Real-time diagnostics shows torch status and history of error messages and important parameters
Stingray THC Software and Electronics Package with Ohmic Disconnect Kit, Cables & Mini IO - 50' - HPR
Smart360™ Hole Cutting Technology for Air and Hi-Def Plasma
FlashCut’s exclusive Smart360™ Hole Cutting Technology produces excellent quality holes and cutouts:
- Works with all plasma systems cutting mild steel including air plasmas and high definition plasmas
- Auto-recognition of small holes utilizes lower feed rates and temporarily turns off THC to prevent diving
- Auto-calculation of kerf vs. federate creates high accuracy holes
- Early torch turn-off prevents extraneous marks at the end of the hole
- Line-arc lead-in reduces mark at the beginning of the hole and ensures a uniform feed rate along with the entire cutout
- Can be used to increase the accuracy of small cutouts in addition to round holes
Pipe Cutting CAD/CAM/CNC software for round pipes and rectangular tubes
- Round pipe, square and rectangular tube support
- Pipe shape wizard makes perfect cuts for mating pipes of any diameter with a multitude of joints at any angle and any size including T joints, end caps, miter joints, Y joints and through pipes
- Pipe sizing wizard automatically sets OD, and thickness of standard pipe sizes
- 3D solid model of pipe joints includes disassembly to preview what both sides of the joint will look like
- The flattened view allows for easy design of custom patters of any shape including slots and text
- “Ghost 2D views” show feature wrapping with no interruption
- Fully rotatable solid model view
- Easily import DXF and STL files from other CAD programs
Tailor Toolpaths and Nest in a Snap with CAM
- Easily nest multiples of the same or different parts, minimizing pipe or tube scrap
- Toolpath automatically generated in CAM using parameters and cut charts from cutting head
- Simple graphical manipulation of lead-ins and lead-outs
- Embedded cut charts precisely set feedrates, cut heights, pierce times, kerf compensation and target voltages for any size pipe
Cut Accurate Parts With Confidence in CNC
- G-Code automatically generated
- Full 3D visualization of rotary toolpath in CNC module while the pipe is being cut
- Flat sheet option for cutting unwrapped pipes and tubes
- No-Cut zones account for chuck, fixture and roller locations – preventing roller burning or jamming
- Stingray® Torch Height Control ensures clean cuts regardless of the accuracy of the stock pipe
2D Plasma CAD/CAM Software
Go from Drawing to Toolpath to Cutting all in one Integrated CAD/CAM/CNC Plasma Software. Going from CAD to CAM to CNC has never been easier.
We now have two packages to choose from:
- The Standard CAD/CAM makes it easy to draw a part or import it from DXF or an image and then turn it into a tool path with intelligently placed lead-ins and the perfect kerf compensation... ready to cut in CNC.
- The Pro adds many features such as shape library, true shape nesting, multi-sheet nesting, multi-layer color import, auto-fix tool, advanced lead-in
manipulation, rip cutting, and many more features.
- Other features such as laser pointer, plate alignment, nest report, advanced g-code management, collision avoidance and many more can be added on an a-la-carte basis.
FlashCut CNC Plasma Retrofits
Breathe new life into your existing Plasma Table. FlashCut CNC Plasma retrofits are simple and powerful. In most cases, you will be up and running within a day with the latest and greatest integrated FlashCut CAD/CAM/CNC and torch height control technology.
Retrofits save you time and money with more productivity and less maintenance making a CNC plasma retrofit very economical.
We have successfully upgraded thousands of machines like Torchmate®, C&G®, Messer®, Koike®, Lockformer®, MultiCAM®, Vicon®, EZ-Cut®, Baileigh®, Dynatorch® and machines from many other CNC plasma manufactures.
Whether their machine was brand new or older, these machine owners saw the value of a FlashCut upgrade to replace the software and controls originally supplied by Burney®, Promotion®, and Hypertherm®, to name a few.